eBanking Security Tips
- Never access your internet banking website through a public computer.
- Close all other internet browser window before logging into internet banking.
- Always log off after using internet banking service.
- Use safe passwords that are:
- Different from your users’ IDs
- Easy to remember only by yourself
- Difficult to guess
- A combination of letters and numbers of at least 6 characters
- Safeguard your identity
Example of a good internet banking password like Uapiwnf^@#^
- Never disclose your online passwords to anyone (including bank staff and the police)
- Do not record Password anywhere.
- Do not use the same password for other online services, e.g. email or Internet access, or for other internet banking accounts.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Disable our Brower’s ‘AutoComplete’ function that remembers the data (including your online passwords) that you input.
- Never leave your TFA device unattended.
- Make sure you are using supported versions of OS and applications.
- Install Internet security software with anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewall features to perform real-time detection of new viruses, spyware and intrusions on your computer.
- Do not download any freeware onto the computer that you use to access Internet banking. o Always disconnect from the Internet when you are not using it.
- Check your bank balance and transactions regularly.
- Be wary of opening unexpected emails with attachments, and never click on a hyperlink in a suspicious email.
- Never use hyperlinks in emails or Internet search engines to log on to Internet banking.
- Never open an email attachment that contains a file ending with .exe, pif, or .vbs as these are commonly used with viruses.
Be Alert in Some common fraud mode of operations:
- Notification of courier delivery
- Festive seasons greeting o Recruiting accounting personnel
- Large business offer/friend or relative accident/lucky winner/heir of fortune.
- Banks will never ask you for your password or send you emails requesting that information. If you receive such a request, contact your bank immediately.
- Use only trusted device and software.
- Do not store internet banking user name and password over Phone, diary, note, etc.
For any Support needed Please contact in following Address
Jyoti Bikash Bank Ltd, Corporate Office
Phone: 977- 01-4411116/4427550